View Single Post
Old 11-09-2009, 06:25 AM   #23
Karen Wheel

Re: We buried our beautiful Maine Coon today:(

Very cool stories of our other "kids" --- but I'm a cat fan too - don't have one now- as I had a huge tiger striped, named Max - in the US that I left with my dog with my close friend to live in the country at her horse farm (they both were raised together and I didn't want to separate them) and thought since my dog had problems with seisures and needed a indian herb to not have them - that getting her all the way to Italy would be too hard on her and shipping herbs here ---well, her "auntie Erin" said she would love to take them both. My big cat Max was so happy at the new place- I saw him every time I went home - 4 times now in the last 3 years - but Erin told me just about a month ago he never came home one night from one of his expeditions in the forrest - so we know he now a kitty angel --- I was so sad, even though hes not here in Italy - but you always feel it!

Hope your new tests come back fine. I just had my first MRI - (head and then torso) and they want to do another test of the liver - as there is something showing but they think (I HOPE!) its something in the film from the test - so I'm waiting now to hear from the doctors to get me in for another scan of just the liver --- they said not to be alarmed --- it was only for precaution ---so I'm trying not to worry!

So, let us know how it transpires....

Karen
3-09 – Right Quadrantectomy. Clear margins.
3 lymph nodes taken - all clear
Tumor results: Stage 1, 1.5 cm, Her2 +++
Est positive 80% - Prog 10% - Ki67 postive 30%
4-09 – Became a vegan! pH balance of body - cancer can't grow in neutral pH!
4-09 Started Herceptin & Chemo (9 weeks of Navelbine *)
* FYI - when coupled with Herceptin has the same results as more toxic chemo. No brainer!
8-09 - 30 RADS
9-09 - Said NO to hormone therapy
4-10 Finished Herceptin!!!!

7-10 PET Scan & other exams .... All clear! YIPPEE!!!!
11-10 Breast, organ Ultrasounds and lung x-rays all clear no changes ... NED!

2-25-2011 --- 2 years from surgery and NED!!!!!!
7-2011 Clear bone scan and full body and head MRI! NED! NED! NED! ;-)[/SIZE]
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote