Thread: Hi, I am new
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Lisajean

Hi, I am new

Hi,
I was diagnosed with breast cancer on March 6, 2009. Her2+, PR+, ER+. I have three tumors in my right breast (1.1 cm is the largest, two smaller ones) and one lymph node that tested positive.

I am doing neo-adjuvant treatment now - have completed four rounds of chemo (of a planned six total) using taxotere and carboplatin along with weekly Herceptin treatments.

I had a Herceptin treatment today and have had chest pain since. I have had this before as well. But, my onc claims that it is not a problem and is not related to the herceptin. He ays that heart problems that are caused by herceptin do not include pain. I don't get this at all. The literature on Herceptin says to alert your doctor immediately if you have chest pains. So, I did, and he thinks it is nothing to worry about.

I am planning on just going to see a cardiologist soon. But, I was wondering if anyone had experiened chest pain with hercetpin treatments. Also, anyone else out there who is doing or has done neo-adjuvant

I am SO glad to that this group exists. There are very few women that I come across that have her2+ cancer, so it is so great to find this support group.

Thank you in advance!

lisajean
Lisajean is offline   Reply With Quote