View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
'lizbeth

Re: The Blood-Brain Barrier and Neuroinflammation - Dr. Datis Kharrazian

fact: there is such a thing as a "leaky blood brain barrier"
The scientists would phrase it as blood-brain barrier dysfunction, compromised blood-brain-barrier integrity, or increased permeability of the blood-brain barrier

Dr. Kharrazian has simply tried to coin a phrase for the average person that is easier to understand.

fact: I'm sure you didn't find Kharrazian in Pub Med. If you weren't so angry you would have correctly interpreted what I said as "he cited close to 1000 references which have been published in peer reviewed journals". He researched articles from journals such as the New England Journal of Medicine, Blood, Clinical Nutrition, Journal of NeuroInflammation, Neuropathology, among many others.

fact: With the GABA suggestion - it was meant for information only. The board members are highly intelligent and would thoroughly research a supplement before purchasing one.

opinion: many of the posts on this board are not "proved therapies, strong evidences, tested drugs and on". Many of the news posts are the latest "discoveries" which may or may not become a treatment for cancer. They make us feel good, but as a patient we don't benefit from them. And they are yet to be proven.

This board is to support everyone with Her2 positive cancer.

Dr. Kharrazian's book "Why Isn't My Brain Working" is a great read for anyone who feels they have lost cognitive function. He advocates stabilizing blood sugar, increasing oxygen, and providing mental stimulation. The information is well researched, and easy to read. He addresses supplements, when they can help, and when the problems can better be addressed by diet changes.

If you don't find the information credible - then don't read the book.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote