View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
'lizbeth

Re: The Blood-Brain Barrier and Neuroinflammation - Dr. Datis Kharrazian

Dr. Datis Kharrazian is not a she. He is a health professional. He also has two additional degrees DC and MS and a DHSc. Which is 2 doctorate degrees. Being an MD doesn't make one an expert on every area, and we should appreciate the advice an MD gives us - but we also should be informed consumers. Part of being an informed medical consumer is to evaluate information from all sources.

I don't think you should follow his medical advice. After all, he is just too much on the cutting edge of science.

In the book "Why Isn't My Brain Working" he cites close to 1000 references which have been published in peer reviewed journals. More than just research, he has used the concepts with patients with good success in restoring cognitive function.

For those of us concerned with the BBB and chemo brain the information is quite insightful.

As far as Louise Hay, no one said she was an MD. This is a site for all the users and some of us are interested in a more holistic, integrated approach to health. She echos a belief that are shared by several religions and asian healing arts - that your health is affected by your thoughts, beliefs and emotions.

Many of these healing arts have several thousands of years of documentation. I can attest to the use of acupuncture for healing problems that came from cancer treatment that Western medicine was not able to help with.

If you don't agree with some of the posts - there is no need for you to read them.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 07-30-2013 at 08:23 PM.. Reason: additon
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote