View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 06:57 PM   #34
BonnieR

Christina, good hearing from you..
regarding the Glutamine, my research, including the ACS, indicates that the recommened dose is 10 Gm three times a day for about 4 days after chemo. But it is always best to check with your onc. They all seem to do things a little differently.
for instance I am not receiving Decadron except for what is given in my infusion. I guess my blood count is still okay because I am not receiving any other meds yet...
Janet, you are right about the Biotene. I am having mouth sores but my treatment center/onc staff only could recommend salt water gargle. They seemed unfamiliar with anything else. What is the concoction that COH mixes??? I should check with the pharmacy at the cancer center...
The physical therapist told me that swimming was always a safe and recommended exercise for us....yoga too. I hear of people who attend throughout treatment. But again, get clearance. I am sure people with more experience will reply to your questions...
Keep the faith...

ETA: off topic, but KCHERUB, is that the little boy you mentioned in another thread who used the term "laughingstock"?? LOL

Post menopause
May 2007 Core biopsy, Rt breast
ER+, Pr-, HER2 +++, Grade 3
Ki-67: 90%
"suspicious area" left breast
Bilateral mastectomy, (NED on left) May 2007
Sentinel Node Neg
Stage 1, DCIS with microinvasion, 3 mm, mostly removed during the biopsy....
Femara (discontinued 7/07) Resumed 10/07
OncoType score 36 (July 07)
Began THC 7/26/07 (d/c taxol and carboplatin 10/07)
Began Herceptin alone 10/07
Finished Herceptin July /08
D/C Femara 4/10 (joint pain/trigger thumb!)
5/10 mistakenly dx with lung cancer. Middle rt lobe removed!
Aromasin started 5/10
BonnieR is offline   Reply With Quote