View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 06:28 AM   #14
dawn

Lisa,

You sound so much like me and I too just found this site. It has been my daily lifeline, re questions, fears, pep talks, you name it. Someone is always on board or had been in the same situation to help you along. I was just diagnosed in February, have a 2 year old daughter, Emily and a 5 year old son, Kyle. That was my first fear, my kids. I had my sister almost on medication at first telling her to take care of my kids, to be their mother. I went as far as asking her and her husband to sell their home and move in with me and my husband because my kids needed her. Of course, she has been my shadow since this has started and Im so grateful for that. But I think I've finally moved on and dont think daily of what will happen. When that creepy thing happens to me now, I just look at my kids and vow to myself to watch them grow up and to be there for them. No one knows for sure but then again you can go outside today and be in the best of health, and get into a car accident. You never know, my co-worker tells me "You will go, when it is your time" I plan on being a long term survivor, as Im sure you will too. Our kids tend to bring out the mother bear in all of us, and no one knows a fight like a mother bear!. Good luck and keep checking this site, there's so much information and help.

Dawn

Mar 2006Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu 3+++, Er & Pr positive, 8 of 18 pos 03/14/06: Mastectomy 04/19/06 started Chemo adriamycin, chlophosphamide, taxotere 25 rads
Nov 1, 06: 3 years Tamoxifen, Herceptin (1yr)
Jan 2009 Femara mets to bone aromasin and aredia
June2009: Full Histerectomy
2/22/2010 6 spots in liver 2 mm-10 mm: switched to xeloda and Herceptin will continue with Aredia J
Scan February 2011 new onc, switch to abraxane
April 2011 NED clear organs, 3 spots on bone scar tissue.
Scans August 2mm spot on liver and lungs. now on to tykerb/xeloda
Dec 2011 scans nothing on lungs, liver down to 1 2 mm spot. j
une 2012 another spot on liver on to cisplatin/gemzar.

dawn is offline   Reply With Quote