View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #160
Lettik

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Hello all, I am relatively new to this site, but I was diagosed with Stage IV er-/pr- Her2+ grade3 in November 2009.

I was in shock and didn't have a personal computer at the time, so I read everything, and I mean everything I could. Sometimes, I was sorry I did because I didn't know what to think about treatment, survival, doctors, and advice, so I went into overload. Since we are all different, what worked for one may not work for another.

Then there were times, when I was very discouraged and so, I wrote. I wrote about all of it. I wrote when I was angry, when I didn't understand what was going on with my body. I wrote when I was depressed and I wrote trying to change my attitude. Then, I just stopped!?

I made an appontment to see a therapist, but she was 20 or more years younger than I was, and wanted to know what I was hoping to get out of the sessions.
What? See you later.

Then it was going to the breast cancer support group, but they really didn't want someone who was Stage IV and facing "no cure" as they called it.

In Octobger, 2011, my older brother sent me a laptop as a surprise gift. I was also thankful, grateful, and blessed, not only to him, but because I found this site.

Even though I didn't post, I read most everything on this site. When I found this thread, I could not believe the heartfelt stories and how much, some of you have been through. It has been my motivation, inspiration, and comfort, on those days when I just cannot stop the mind from thinking about cancer. I would like to get to the day when "cancer" it is not on my mind, when I wake in the morning and when I go to bed at night.

Thanks to this site, and all of you, I believe I will get there.

Healing energy to all,
Lettik
10/09 Received phone call to schedule my liver biopsy. Stage IV extensive liver mets (!) ER/PR- Her2+++s
11/09 11/Port surgery
11/09 Weekly Taxol & Herceptin.
2/10 Completed 9 rounds -neuropathy in feet.
2/10 CT scan showed NO CHANGE.
3/10 PET scan came up NED.
4/10-10/10 Continued on Herceptin, 3 week cycle.
11/10 Blood test reveals Liver enzymes are high. CT, suggests progression
12/10 Changed doctors. TDM1 Trial or Tykerb/ Xeloda?
1/11 Tissue expander-could not qualify for trial.
2/11 -5/11 Tykerb/Xeloda -neuropathy -not working.
8/11Pulmonary Embolism -Now on daily shots
5/11-10-11 Everolimus & Navelbine &Herceptin trial Removed- Pul Emb, liver progression &fatty
10/11 -current, 3 wk Herceptin plus Tykerb
12/11- Abcess and infection upper lip- stopped Tykerb
01/12 CT Shows no progression in liesions, back on Tykerb
Lettik is offline   Reply With Quote