View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 11:05 AM   #20
Rolepaul

Re: TDM1 for HER2+ brain mets reocurrence?

I get a can of Coke Zero or Diet Coke for every question I answer.
She does get accessed a lot, which means we train nurses how to access her at one of the Cancer Centers. Only three medical people access the Ommaya, and we are really careful that no other people do. She could have local people do the Ommaya and access the port, but we do not have comfort with the local crew for that. Let's just say that Nina being a RN with a BS in Nursing means she teaches people how to perform access in a specific manner. I help make sterile therapeutic injectables, so I may be harder on nurses than she is.
Nina does great. She did not drive a car great before the disease and is not doing any different now. She walks five miles per day (me too when home), flies to Houston when she needs IT treatments and I am not along, and otherwise is no different than before the disease. She was not as limber after they radiated her spine, but now is doing great. She does yoga four times per week and water aerobics on Friday mornings.
Nina is doing better than some because she is 55 and was pretty healthy before the disease. She had balance issues before and they might be slightly worse. She is at 144 pounds as of Sunday. She has some problems with constipation as it is likely that she had damage to the muscles that help with the digestion of food.
You are smart to be on the box. Your treatment facility is one of the best in the business. let me know if you want to talk more. chemengmba@aol.com
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote