Thread: New Plan
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 11:43 AM   #12
Mtngrl

Re: New Plan

I can't actually find the link for the MYK trial. I searched for it on the BCT site. I'll update when I know more.

I was nonchalant about the collapsed lung because it doesn't hurt and my O2 levels are OK. Also I haven't gotten an infection from it. And I have had scans in the past that noted some collapse. My most recent scan showed "some" pleural effusion, but not enough to need draining. I do want to get my lungs fixed, though. I'm not nonchalant about that!

I have been having trouble connecting with the Phase I people. So for now I think I'll do Tykerb and Navelbine, starting Wednesday. I'm pretty sure I need some sort of HER2-targeted therapy plus some sort of chemo, and that combo meets those requirements.

I learned that neratinib access is being expanded for those who don't qualify for the clinical trial. Having had tykerb before disqualifies me. Until my bone met, which doesn't seem to be HER2+, is eradicated I don't want to attempt neratinib monotherapy.

So I can't post a link to the MYK trial, but here's one to the neratinib story: http://markets.on.nytimes.com/resear...ymbol=44478224

Amy
Mtngrl is offline   Reply With Quote