View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 08:48 AM   #25
Jean

Re: early Christmas present--10 yr overall & bc specific survival results just publis

Steph,
Thank you for pointing out the attributing factor of women with dense breasts, which places another issue all together. Like you, I had he same issues back in 90's. With unknown suspicious lumps in the breast.

My heart aches for those that have not had the results as you have experienced. For sure Herceptin took a huge bite out of this nasty Her2 and I am happy at the same time for that progress.

Herceptin has opened my eyes to see the glass half full. When I was dx. I was so frightened (natural reaction) I remember thinking Her2 OMG this is the worst news. Then doing my search I learned about Herceptin. Had to fight for it. Did it make the difference? I will never know for 100% but Dr. Salmon convinced me that all women should be treated.
With those feelings in place, I admit I am sensitive to the newly dx. women (like many others here) who come onto the site and are seeking information.
While we know Herceptin is not a fit for all, I have to agree with you that "rather be safe than sorry."
I am hoping the research will bring forth more trails for all the unknown moving parts to this disease.
In the meantime doing what we can to remain healthy and strong.
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006