Thread: Hair Loss
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #8
YellowTail

Re: Hair Loss

Hi Pat, it sounds like the choices you have made regarding your hair are just right for you. I did the same thing went from long hair to short and then when the tingling scalp began I had it cut even shorter probably to 1" in length, I loved both short cuts. I did order a wig and in the meantime my hair began to fall out, I thought it made me look sicker than I was actually feeling so off to my hair stylist again and we shaved it off. Like JRA40 it was a liberating experience - my children, hubby and friends loved it, they all like it when I am bald or wear bright scarves. It was hard to sleep with the tingling scalp then when I was bald I found it very cold on my head and neck, I still sleep with a night cap so much warmer. I am now waiting for it to grow back now-my hair is like peach fuzz right now. I did not loose my eyebrows entirely until after my third round of taxol. I still have my eyelashes and I am going into my 2-week after all my chemo treatments.

Pat, remain strong and embrace the changes we go through on this journey. I think of myself as a butterfly it is a lovely process of rebirth.

Take good care.
YellowTail is offline   Reply With Quote