Thread: Hair Loss
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #6
patz64

Re: Hair Loss

Well, I had my second chemo today. I took some claritin tonight to prepare for tomorrow's neulasta injection. My hair started falling out pretty badly last Wednesday, so I got it cut really short (and I actually like it). It is still falling out every day in the shower, but at least it's not as messt now that it is so short. I am just taking it one day at a time. i'm not going to rush into shaving my head...I will just do it when I'm ready. Right now the hair is getting really thin, and I have a small bald spot in the back that I can still cover with hair. I am prepared with a TON of hats, and one wig so far, and some scarves. One day at a time!!!!
5/2011-stereotactic biopsy: stage 0 carcinoma L. breast again, estrogen/progesterone negative. Nobody used the words Her2+ yet.
8/18/2011-travelled to Texas (I live in NJ) for bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction with DIEP flap. 3 days later, left breast turned blue...had emergency surgery to unclog vessel and try to save the flap. 24 hours after that, had another emergency surgery... took a vein from my left arm and re-routed it to the breast. Saved the breast flap but went into congestive heart failure because of all the IV fluids. Spent 10 days in ICU...8 days on a ventilator. Traumatic experience!!! Then was told it was actually Stage 2, Her2+, and I would need chemo.
Now back in NJ.
10/11/11-port was placed
chemo starting in about 2 weeks
patz64 is offline   Reply With Quote