View Single Post
Old 05-07-2008, 04:50 AM   #33
Mary Jo

Hello everyone.......
That's one of the reasons this "place" is so wonderful. We are all able to express our views and share what's on our hearts and learn from each other.

I was ready to come here to say that I thought a memorial page would be a great idea. However, like a few others, after reading Becky's post I now see it a bit differently.

We "old timers" (thank God) have grown and come to see life differently (that's a thank God too) but being a newly diagnosed woman or man are at a totally different place. They are scared out of their mind. They definitely do need to read about hope and life. It's truly what keeps you putting one foot in front of the other at the beginning of this journey. I remember when my journey first started.........geez, if I read anything even remotely close to that dreaded "D" word I was done. I just couldn't fathom the "D" word at all. That's what makes the big "C" so frightening, right?

So, my mind is changed. I agree - this needs to be a place where women and men can come to gain knowledge, support and most of all love and hugs from each of us. We can help show them the way.......give them courage.......and then one day, they too, will be the encouragers.

God Bless each of you and thank you for each of you being who you are. You (we) are all special.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED