View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
Jillynn

Re: Tykerb Rash...help?

Hi I am pretty new to this site and check it once in a while for new updates in the field of medicine ect. This is one area I can say I can offer advice because I have had the rash too. I was first placed on Tykerb in adjuvant therapy as part of a study. Broke out in the rash 2 weeks after being on it. It looks more like a case of severe acne - at least for me. My onc was just going to take me off the trial and at the time I thought Tykerb was the latest advance in therapy so I desprately wanted to stay on it. Having been told to always be your own advocate - I went to a dermatologist. She prescribed Doryx and my onc office approved the drug. It cleared up most in a matter of a week and eventually I just went off Doryx and never had a problem afterward. Three months after I finished radiation, I had liver mets so I am now stage IV and in the same therapy as you - Tykerb and Zeloda. One week into the new regimen I started showing signs again of the acne rash. I had left over Doryx and started taking it right away. I went back to the Dermatologist to get more and she recommended using a vinegar wash as well. Sounds strange, but I'm suppose to put vinegar in a papertowel and dilute it with water. Cleanse areas of my body with it before showering it off. I also wash face with Regenerist detoxifying pore scrub (wal-mart has an off brand I use too sometimes) and my face looks much better than other areas like chest and back. But all in all the Doryx really controls it. My dermatologist may switch me to another product closer to summer as she said the Doryx can make my skin sensitive to sunlight. So just a warning there.
Jillynn is offline   Reply With Quote