View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 12:33 AM   #8
Jedrik

Re: I Guess I just had Bad Luck!

I was an avid endurance athlete. When they did all those scans to check for progression there was not enough fat between internal organs for proper distinction. So I guess now I have in writing that I was really slim, even if scales attested average weight.

In an effort to become really good at sports, I drank no alcohol, ate a diet with hardly any sugar and not a lot of meat. I haven't smoked in twenty years, breastfed three children. The only risk factor left: Dense breast tissue. I don't even properly know what this is and why it becomes that way. So there.

I, too, miss being really fit and having a body I can put trust in.

Apart from the fact that "bad luck" means none of us can do anything to avoid being afflicted, it also means that medicine will keep on treating symptoms, hoping this will do the trick. That makes me feel really helpless and a bit lost.

BTW: There is an upside to knowing about this randomness: Since I did everything right, I thought I was safe and maybe waited a bit long to get checked out, thinking that it was just a nipple rubbed raw running. I can't be the only one being a bit carefree. Now nobody can trick themselves into this sort of thinking and with earlier treatment more will survive.
start 10/19/2015 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel)
Targeted Therapy start 10/19/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab), Perjeta (pertuzumab)
Surgery 02/23/2016 MX Left, PMX Right
Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote