View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 05:35 AM   #9
NEDenise

Re: Steroid Smackdown Round 3!

Marie, Amanda, Jenny, Dawn, Pam...all you Aussie Gals...

This has nothing to do with brain goo...but we hijacked Amanda's thread to discuss this VERY important topic...so why not this one?!

I introduced my boy to the world of Footy. (That's AFL - Australian Football League for those of you, who like me, are un-initiated)
OMG!
They loved it!
They've become instant fans!

We watched every video clip on the AFL site...met the teams, learned the rules...watched the highlight reels! The boys were even impressed with the refs' style of calling goals and behinds. They've been walking around imitating them for two days now! These are teenagers don't forget...not little boys. They immediately wanted to know when the next game was streaming so we could watch! We don't even pay for the NFL Sunday Ticket, but I think we'll be AFL subscribers by the weekend!

Such impressive athletes...well-muscled, NO fat, no muscle-bound behemoths...lots of great legs and biceps. That was more impressive to me frankly than to the men in my life...but there was a LOT of eye candy on the pitch at all times!!

And the game really moves! No downtime like in the NFL. Since I haven't actually had the pleasure of watching a match yet, I'm not prepared to support one team over another - and I don't want to start a "thing" here among the true fans...but based exclusively on jerseys...I like the ones with the anchors on the front and the team that wears the Gryfindor colors.

Thanks for the intro to the wonderful world of Footy! Those of you who haven't checked it out yet...Google AFL...you won't be disappointed! It must be Austalia's best kept secret!

Denise
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote