View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
karen z

Re: NBC's Parenthood 2013........so, what do you think.

Hi Joanne,
By the way.. I lived in Detroit for two years during a postdoc at Wayne State (I am originally from Ohio). I am a college professor and I could not have possibly worked through AC and T. In hindsight, I would not have even gone back during radiation if I could things over (rats that one can not do things over). I know everyone reacts differently to chemo and have known lots of patients who "worked through" but it was definitely not an option for me. Just walking down to my mailbox and back sometimes put me on my couch for a few hours. I got diagnosed when I was 53 (I am now 61) and I wondered if it was my age, general constitution or what..................but towards the end of Taxol my doc was seeing me every week to see if I could get through another week (I made it all the way through). On the other hand, some folks are much much better and do not miss a day of work. Even with a hard time, I did have many days that were fine.......with some just some fatigue or nausea. But do watch the show. First of all it is a good show (been on for many season) and second, this year's plot is highly relevant. BEST
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote