View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 04:11 PM   #17
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Exclamation The Great Compassion Mantra

Thought I'd bring my post from the TIPTOE THE HAMSTER thread over here, apropos of Steph's quest. For those who don't know, Pinkie shared w/us that Herceptin is derived from Chinese Hamster Ovaries. After much fun, wondering if their was any lead involved and understanding why some of us had sprouted whiskers, Pinkie adopted a little hamster from The Republic Of China. After staying at the Pink One's house in Canada, she has arrived at my door (in Boca), w/blue blingy stud earrings and a Journal. She is scheduled for a world tour, heading for Marie (BELIEVE 51) and Ed in R.I... Check out the whole thread for a good laugh. And keep on smiling...

In Search Of A Mantra...

<HR style="COLOR: #cc0033" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
Tiptoe is an enlightened being, full of peace and compassion, strength and fortitude. She tells me that the Great Compassion Mantra contains great healing power! It is like a magic spell or password to invocate or communicate with The One.

AUM MANI PADME HOM is cleansing and transforming. It allows the one chanting those syllables to attain the exalted embodiment of Compassion, Love and Wisdom. It puts you in touch with the awareness that your body and mind are empty without your Spirit! All the answers to all your questions lie within you.

In silence and meditation, you become free to connect with your Essence, or Soul. In so doing, you tap in to the powers of the Universe. Hail the jewel in the lotus. Be motivated to seek Compassion, Love and Enlightenment -- and peace and balance will fill you up to overflowing.

(I'm just telling you what Tiptoe explained to me...)

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...

Last edited by Andrea Barnett Budin; 10-10-2007 at 10:02 PM.. Reason: Joanne S. shared w/us that Herceptin is derived from Chinese Hamster Ovaries. Joanne is so in the know,keeps us UP
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote