View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #21
Lisajean

Re: percentage of those who respond to Herceptin

Dear Adrien and Gerri,

Thank you both so much for your replies and for being so quick. I live alone and so hearing back was so meaningful. I am so sorry for your recent losses. Thank you for your support - especially during such a difficult time - I truly and greatly appreciate it.

I just wrote a reply, but, because I was not logged in, I lost it (feel like I am losing my brain).

So this is my second attempt at replying.

I had expanders put in - that is what I was told was the thing to do - when I had the mastectomy. So now I can not have an MRI until the expanders are out. My onc says that is okay. But, obviously, I can not delay having the surgery to get these out for too long. So, my surgery (that was scheduled for 3/29) is now postponed - for about 5 or 6 weeks. I am not sure of the new date. I just told my surgeon I could not do it yet.

The expanders are so uncomfortable. Because of the expanders I am physically uncomfortable all of the time, in pain, have limited mobility in my arms (one frozen shoulder - perhaps from radiation - but either way - it is not cooperating).

I feel so ashamed to be seemingly unable to cope. I just wish I didn't have these expanders in my body.

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. it helps a lot.

Lisa
Lisajean is offline   Reply With Quote