View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:03 PM   #2
Patricia

Hi Andi,

I have a terrible time with this. I have a job which has always required me to be quick on my feet, detail oriented, a good debater and a quick sharp brain and tongue. Since returning to work after chemo (now over 1 yr) I feel like I am trying to do the same job but with an impairment (both cognitive and verbal). I find myself avoiding debates or giving in when I would not have otherwise because I know that I cannot articulate or get my agruements across the way I used to. I have not found a way to compensate for this other than to just not get as invested in these normal debates and to not take the lead as much on these opinions. This will most definately limit my career and at this point, I have gotten mentally used to that fact (also fits with the readjustment of my life priorities post cancer), but it adds a level of stress to my job that never used to be there and has taken away a level of enjoyment in what I do.

I would love to hear anyone's experience with any sort of treatment, exercises or supplements that has worked for them. Where did you get the PHYTO FORMULA? Was this something easily purchased at a health food store or online? Can you provide more info (website or something like that) so that I can take a look at it and ask my dr's about it?

Thanks so much!

Hugs,
Patricia

ps.. finally going to an internist on fri for the dizziness. pursuing the non-cancer route first :-)
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote