View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 11:34 AM   #36
VaMoonRise
Deceased

Praying Diligently for You!

Sherry,

My heart is breaking after reading your post. I can't imagine what it must be like to hear those awful words from your oncologist but we have to remember, always, that doctors may know more than us but they don't know more than the man upstairs.

I have read many of your posts over the past year and you have been such an inspiration to me. You have always been such a fighter with an amazingly positive attitude, the beauty of your inner spirit always shines through. I wish there was some great medical advice I could offer you but I am still so knew to this journey that I find myself at a loss as to what I can offer. The only things that come to mind are that if you are experiencing a really low appetite that the drug Marinol has proven to help with this, it is a form of marijuana that doesn't give you a buzz but the THC in it helps to increase appetite and also helps to relieve nausea. My mother took this drug during her battle with BC and it really helped to maintain her weight. I also truly hope that you can get started on Tykerb or some other type of treatment that will reverse your prognosis.

I will be praying diligently for you and your family, I am a firm believer in the power of prayer and that prayer can create miracles and you are certainly most deserving of a miracle. I am also a firm believer that there is a reason and a purpose for all things even if we don't always know what that is and that no matter where life may take us it always serves a greater good.

Sending you lots of warm thoughts, well wishes, hugs and prayers.

God Bless & Lots of Love,
Nicola

VaMoonRise is offline   Reply With Quote