View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 05:26 AM   #21
Tessa

Beyond medicine

Dear Sherry,

You are splendidly courageous in the face of what is clearly an incredibly difficult situation. I agree that your oncologist was probably at a low point anyway, and seeing you so frail prompted words which should be interpreted with care. So many people on this Board have offered excellent advice, please take it.

I read yesterday about the humorist Art Buchwald who has advanced diabetes, had one leg amputated, and when his kidneys started to fail refused dialysis and checked himself into a hospice expecting a gradual decline and death. But then, to everyone's total amazement, inexplicably, his kidneys started to function again, and he's home and doing very well. There is no medical explanation.

Art Buchwald is famous and that's why we hear about this, but I know it happens to other people and just never makes the papers. It can definitely happen to you. Meet your body half way, with all the ideas posted above, and you'll be there for your granddaughter's Homecoming.

I doubt if I would be remotely as strong as you, so I send heartfelt admiration with my very bext wishes
Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote