View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 04:52 AM   #29
kristen

Since that post my sister has been dx with BC. She I believe will be er+. She is having her double mast in about a week.
My family history is 13 girl cousins and 4 have/had BC. I am the only one who has been Her2. 2 of us had it at age 41 where the other 2 had it at 53 and 62.
On my paternal side, my cousin (er+) also had BC at 41 and her and I have both been tested and are neg for BRAC's.
My Aunt the mother of the other 2 cousins had ovarian cancer at age 51 and an great aunt who had a mast. sometime in her life, we found out when she passed away at age 90+, back then they didn't talk about it. So if there is any other BC in our family, we don't know about it.
Cancer runs high in our family, 2 uncles have had prostate,1 bone and we have had other frightening diseases in our family: Ataxia is supposed to be very limited and yet 3 of my second cousins have it from 2 different sets of parents, go figure? Genetics is a wide open field and one I find hard at times to follow when you see the toll it takes on your family but finding all the links and so forth are way out of my league.
Kat, sorry I didn't see this post earlier, but i think you got your answer, as of right now, her2 is not hereditary from what they say, but reading all these and looking at my own family history, I gotta think they are missing something or it really does have something to do with envirtomental issues?
MRM: 11/07/03
TX: TCH-BRICG Study-6 tx's; 12/15/03
Herceptin; til 12/14/04
Rads: 30 days
BRCA neg
S-Gap: 12/15/04
Oct 05: LAVH
NED
kristen is offline   Reply With Quote