View Single Post
Old 09-30-2006, 05:14 AM   #87
janet/FL

I had my last 3 week Herceptin mid July. One year of it. I never had A/C. I had taxotere and Herceptin 9 months after diagnosis.

I have waited to report side effects to try to determine what side effects might be from Herceptin, what from Taxotere (and the drugs given with that).
I definitely have more energy now that I am off Herceptin.

Although I have trouble sleeping, I have less than before and I think it will lesson in time. Same with the anxiety, but I still have some. Much more than pre BC.

Much of the muscle pain from the taxotere has left execept if I get really tired and even then, it is not as bad. It seems that Herceptn may not have been the cause though it may have contritbuted as most of it left only a few weeks after I stoped Hercptin. Bowel movements are much more normal.
Breast pain around site of operation pretty much gone.

I most two pounds on the taxotore, but gained those back and 16 more. I was always starved on Herceptin. Appetite out of control. Sweets, carbs, were my downfall. I have my appetite more in control and have lost a few pounds but have a good ten more to go.

My eyesight appears to be going back to normal. My curley hair is thicker than before. Perhaps it thined prior to BC diagnisis and this is more my normal hair. A great hair stylest who is aware of the effects of chemo has really helped me with it and now I look normal and not like a standard poodle!

And that is about all that I can recall right now. Oh, some of my memory is going back to normal. But I now realize the limitations of my mind. And don't believe I will ever be the same in this area. Perhaps I just see limitations more clearly now. I don't feel that I can do everything.
Janet/FL

Last edited by janet/FL; 09-30-2006 at 07:30 AM.. Reason: Too add more thought of side effects
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote