View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 03:46 PM   #13
Sandy H

I asked my oncologist last week about IBC. I told him there were some out there that said they are 14 or 15 years out with no reoccurence. He said, "yes" once in a while you will see one but its rare. He says, he always looks at the path report and if it is lymphatic invasion involving surounding tissues than it most usually will be IBC. He said many think IDC is the same as IBC and he said, it isn't. He also said some think that if there is a red spot, on the skin than it is IBC and he said that is not true either. Mine was determined by biopsies, nothing showed on cat scan and they said it was no sense in doing a mammo because it wouldn't show on that either. I was told by another oncologist that IBC is always, stage 111b and if it has spread to organs or/and bones than it is stage IV. Anyway, that is what I was told and I am sure other oncologist will have a different spin on things. hugs, Sandy
5 rads-skin mets
Herceptin, taxol, carboplatin (taxol seem to be the magic drug)
Navelbine & xeloda (did not work)
topical miltex for skin mets
Tykerb/xeloda
thoracentesis x 2 left lung fluid shows cancer cells
Port removal (4 years) with power port replacement
Doxil
Updated 05-07 Scans show no bone or organ involvement we shall see!

I shall not pass this way again. Any good I can do or any kindness that I can show let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again.
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote