View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 06:35 PM   #1
Lovemyboys3

Shortness of Breath and so very scared

Hi All,

Well I wish I could say I am doing great but unfortunatly I am not feeling the greatest. I thought, let me get through chemo and then Herceptin would be smooth sailing but I get these moments of panic that nothing will ever be smooth sailing. The fear and anxiety just get overwhelming with every small ache. I have been feeling very short of breath for about 2wks now. I told my Onc and she said she will put in orders for me to have an echo and CT scan. I am waiting for that to be scheduled though. My heart rate is lower than normal but still in a good range of 72ish. I am not coughing and I don't have pain but I just can't seem to catch my breath. It feels like someone is sitting on my chest. Its all day no matter what I am doing and the more I think about it the harder it gets. Of course I start to panic, is it Heart failure from the Herceptin, is it lung mets, is it simply anxiety. It all scares me so very much.

I had a CT scan in mid Feb. of this year to look at my port as my doc was concerned about a clot in my port because of swelling in my face but that came back good and the swelling seemed to be an after affect of the chemo. If there was cancer could they have seen it then? Could it have just appeared in less than 2 months?
I also had an Echo in early March and all looked good then. Could my heart be affected so drastically in such a short amount of time.

I was sick with a horrible cold and had a cough that finally started going away after they gave me antibiotics. Other than that I have been feeling pretty good.

Can anyone help me understand what is going on and tell me if I am just being crazy. I know I just finished my chemo in January, have been on Herceptin and have had all sorts of scans but it all just doesn't completely reassure me.

---- Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Oh how I am trying so very hard to listen to Him and do just that. So very, very hard!!

6/27/2013 - Diagnostic Mammogram due to a tiny lesion found.
6/27/13 - Diagnosed with Breast Cancer at age 33 :'(
07/11/2013 - Surgical needle biopsy
07/15/2013 - Path report results from biopsy - DCIS with micro invasion, Pagents disease - ER/PR- Her2+++
7/26/13 - PET Scan CLEAR!!
8/19/13 - B/L Mastectomy w/DIEP Flap reconstructive surgery. Nodes removed clear!! Stage 1A. Positive Margins remaining
8/23/13 - Finally HOME from the hospital
9/10/13 - All drains out. YEAH!!
9/6/13 - 2nd Surgery to try and remove remaining positive margins. Port placed.
9/11/13 - Path report shows all tissue samples are neg. Clear Margins!!
10/3/13 First TCH treatment - Horrible amount of side effects.

11/10/11 - First weekly Herceptin treatment.
10/11/13 - Late night ER visit due to Neutropenic fever - WBC at 0 in the hospital.

11/17/13 - Ultrasound on left breast due to pain. Benign findings: Oil cysts and possible Fat Neurosis from reconstructive surgery.
11/24/13 - Round 2 TCH treatment.
11/25/13 - Neulasta Shot given. Side effects minimal. Woo Hoo!
11/27/13 - Said goodbye to my hair. :-(
01/14 - Mammogram and Ultra sound - CLEAR!
01/23/14 - Last scheduled Chemo! WOO HOO!
03/04/14 - Phase 2&3 reconstructive surgery DONE!
03/06/14 - 2 days after surgery and 1st Herceptin only treatment. Minimal side affects.
03/14 - Began having pain and weakness in my feet and legs. Doc thinks it is delayed side affects of chemo possibly Neuropathy. Could even be the Herceptin (what ever it is I would appreciate it if it went away :/)
03/14 - A little over 8 wks post chemo and hair is about 1/2in long. :) Not a whole lot but its getting there. Eyebrows are taking there time but are coming in nicely.
04/14 - Where did my eyelashes go? :/

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Lovemyboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote