View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
Sandra in GA

Re: Chemo AND Tykerb & Herceptain??

Brenda,
Thanks for your concern!

I guess I am just a tough old knot! I was in a phase II study at Mayo in Jacksonville FL that Dr. Edith Perez headed along with a Dr from Denmark. The Allto trials are the phase III for lapatinib for this study. They kept very close check on my heart function by doing echos every three months and that old ticker did great. I don't have the fulll name of the study, but it did have the phrase "cardiac safety and tolerability" in it. One arm of the Allto trials is exactly like the treatment I received. The other arms are looking at the patients receiving lapatinib or Herceptin alone. Another is looking at following Herceptin with lapatinib. Believe it or not, I actually am glad I got "all the big guns." It is amazing what having 21 positive lymph nodes will inspire you to do!

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote