View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 06:47 AM   #4
jra40

Re: What should I be looking for...

Hi Diane,

Glad you found this website, there are so many of us that can help you through this journey. I was right where you are 5 years ago, found lump in right breast in October of 2010 but treatment did not start until end of December then surgery in August of 2011. I was so perplexed on why I was not starting treatment immediately, it's cancer for God's sakes!! You will have a roller coaster of emotions but trust that your medical team has a good plan for you.

You may be getting a bug, you have been through a lot recently with the diagnosis and I'm sure, many mammograms, biopsies, doctor's appointments. I felt run down and thought my cancer was spreading too. You will be okay but call your doctor when you need too, they are there to help you through the process.

As for the lump, I had a sizeable one but dense breasts so it was hard to feel at times. Focus on staying strong and positive for this journey - it is the best medicine you have to fight the battle!

Many prayers and we will be here should you need any advice down the line!

Jessica
3/15/11 - Began weekly Taxol/Herceptin infusions along with 750mg of Tykerb taken by mouth daily
6/28/11 - Finished last cycle of Taxol
7/27/11 - Breast MRI shows tumor has dissolved, remarkable reaction to chemo
8/31/11 - Lumpectomy, Sentinel Node biopsy. Node negative, clear margins, 7mm of cancer left over from chemo.
10/05/11 - Started radiation, 5 days a week for 7 weeks.
11/8/11 - Finished radiation
3/21/12 - Last Herceptin!
3/26/12 - Port removed!
Tamoxifen for 5 years
8/4/15 - Hysterectomy & bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy. Due to large fibroids. No cancer!
8/8/15 - Started Arimidex
jra40 is offline   Reply With Quote