View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #20
SusanN

Re: Dr. Dennis Slamon, "our hero"

GEEZZ, I do believe I JUST got "online" to some great stuff gals!! MUCH NEEDED as I woke up feeling YUCK with the LAST of these awful SE...

Yes, linn...thanks much as to your "Congrats!" Prayerfully and Trusting God, I NEVER want to relive chemo!!!! On to the "targeted" Herceptin...Monday...after having a thorough appt with MO, he said that the SE from Herceptin are 10x less than what I've just been through...something like that...

Just about when he "thought" I was finished addressing my questions...I asked him...as to the BBB not crossing the brain...he then closed the door & we talked for awhile, I felt comfortable in his answer...I CANNOT sit around worrying my life away...got to TRUST IN THE GOOD LORD ABOVE...some days are harder than others...quite the journey...CAN'T WAIT FOR MY LOCKS TO GROW BACK!!!!

As to my reconstruction...another story...we'll discuss it after the Herceptin is over...messed up situation there...he said half of breast reconstuctions have problems...I'm OF COURSE that half!!! Don't know IF I even want to try it again...especially after my expander had to be taken out, due to an infection...my extremely thin skin...and the fact that I hardly have any skin left to expand...and on a good day, I weigh in at about 115...don't really want any more skin cut from here or there...

Okay...enough of "poor pitiful me!!" I'd really like to watch Living Proof as well...was too vulnerable in the beginning, but could handle it now!!

Have an AWESOME day Beautiful Ladies!!!
1/4/13 Rexcision, NO CLEAR MARGINS!! :(
2/11/13 Mastectomy with Expander Placed
2/15/13 INFECTION at Mastectomy site...emergency Surgery!!! Expander removed :(
DX: DCIS, IDC, Stage 2a, 2.7cm, 1/5 nodes positive
ER/PR-, HER2+++
3/28/13 Port placed
4/1/13 Begin 6 Cycles TCH Therapy
4/1/14 Finished Herceptin!!
SusanN is offline   Reply With Quote