View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #27
panicked911

HANG IN THERE IT DOES GET BETTER!!
I am living proof - a year ago i was miserable! Herceptain was wreaking havok with my body - i could not bend at the knes, my fingers were stiff as a baord and i ached all over and swore i was ADD.
a 45 year old trapped in an 80 year old body!

To get thru the last six moths of herceptain, I started intense stretching exercising like pilates , went to physical therapy and started taking glucosime and condtoitin. All of this did not "cure" the herceptain side effects but it certainly took the edge off.

I ended my 1 year of herceptain on Nov. 1 - it ws a triple dose - sitting in the chemo place weekly was worse than the side effects- so i opted for the triple dose- by mid december i noticed a real difference in how I was feeling. My strength started comig back - the jounts ached less - I could eve do a squat and hold hand weights!
I even skiied for the first time in 2 years last week and it felt good.
I still have some residual muscle aches and stiffness and my immune system has not bounced ack the ay i I jad hoped. i have hd my second cold, sore throat sinus infectio in three months. Bit clearly there is marked improvement. I attribute the remaiing aches pai stiffness to the lupron shots and the arimidex i am on. Small price to pay if it can hold a roccurance at bay!

Hope thishelps - but please hang in there - it does get better.

Susanne
panicked911 is offline   Reply With Quote