View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #6
thinkpositive

Re: I hope I did the right thing...this is long!

Cathy,

Who am I to judge if you did the right thing? It is true that some of us respond better to treatment than others. However, even with an initial good response we don't know how long we will be NED. There is so much yet to learn about this disease that we have. I often look for somebody to tell me that I am "cured" and that I will never have a recurrence. However, the fact is that there aren't any stats out there for my treatment (neoadjuvent TCHP)

I believe that most of us want to comfort others and offer support when we see that somebody is battling this disease. For me personally, when somebody (other than my doctors) say that "you'll be alright", I don't interpret this to mean that I'm going to survive this disease. Instead I interpret this as a gesture of well wishes and to keep positive thoughts in my mind which puts a person in the best place mentally to fight this disease.

Cathy, you did what your heart told you to do. Trust in yourself.
9/2013 After 1st round of chemo, mass in neck and breast no longer able to feel
11/2013 Hysterectomy, mass from PET/CT scan not cancer (adenomylosis)
12/2013 Finished chemo
1/2014 Double mastectomy with chest expanders
1/2014 Pathology report from surgery and SNB show complete pathological response!
3/2014 Finish IMRT radiation
8/2014 Fat transfer to radiated breast
8/2014 Completed 1 yr of Herceptin
10/2014 exchange surgery expanders removed implants placed
6/2015 3D nipple and areola tattoos
thinkpositive is offline   Reply With Quote