View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 07:10 AM   #1
madubois63

Unhappy Bad news for Madubois63

I've been dealing with low counts lately and picking up every infection that seems to breeze on by. I had the seven and a half hour nose bleed that started me down the road to transfusion queen. My onc ordered a bone marrow biopsy and we did that on Monday. I got a phone call yesterday morning from my onc. They asked me to come to the Smithtown Office. I NEVER go there and in six years I have NEVER gotten a call to come in to see the onc. I tried to convince myself they just wanted to check the biopsy site as I grabbed my Ativan bottle. They put me right in a room and I knew things were about to get bad. I have AML (Acute Myeloid Leukemia) which is most likely chemo induced (too much chemo). CRAP. Did any of you know too much chemo can cause leukemia??? I did, but certainly did not think this would happen to me. I know someone else on the boards has dealt with this, but can't remember who. If anyone can direct me, I'd appreciate it. My head is spinning right now. I am waiting for an appointment with a new doctor specializing in leukemia and for the final reports (genetic testing). More than likely I will get chemo given over a weeks time (yup - hospital again) and spend up to a month recouping in the hospital. I will have no bone marrow or immune system and infection will become the enemy. I had the worst day - telling my daughter, son, mom, sister and a few friends. I almost wasn't going to post, but I REALLY need all the prayers I can get right now...I love you guys.

..·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´

madubois63 is offline   Reply With Quote