View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 08:58 AM   #26
mmoons

Re: Breast Reconstruction: Bravia Procedure-looks way easier and less painful

Well, I broke my promise. I am so sorry! I promised to get back to you all after I went to Miami. New job, vacation, and adult ADD......I am so sorry for the delay.

The BRAVA will not work for me. I flew there and met with them. I went through the consultation and decided to get fitted for the device. But they could not get suction....and never will with that device on my body. From arm pit to arm pit, I am tiny. The cones are big. There was about an inch hanging over on each side, instead of being flush against my chest where is could create a seal. Does that make sense?

I left there feeling so, so sad and disappointed....for about 30 minutes. And then I realized that it was just not supposed to be a journey for me to take. It would mean a ton of time aways from my kids. And it just wasn't for me.

I am happy to share anything else about my experience with any of you. Ask me anything! I can share what I thought about the offices, the people, the location, etc.

Maureen

My loves

IDC & DCIS, HER2+++ Diagnosis: October 1, 2008
  • Tumor: 6.8 centimeters, never showed on mammograms
  • ER-/PR-
  • November 2008: Sentinal Lymph node surgery. 6 out of 9 lymph nodes with cancer
  • Stage IIIc
  • Lapatinib Clinical Trial start: November, 2008
  • Surgery: May 5, 2009
  • Started Herceptin: May 19, 2009
  • Started Radiation (33 rounds): June 10, 2009
  • September 2009: Moved to Michigan to be closer to family
  • 12/09 - still on Herceptin until May 2010
  • August 2010: Port out, port out, port out port out port port port out port ooooout...da da da dant! (to the music of the Pink Panther)
Blog: http://moonsfamily.blogspot.com
mmoons is offline   Reply With Quote