Thread: Help with EF
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 05:12 PM   #8
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Help with EF

Just adding my 2 cents.

You can see my history in my signature.

I have had high blood pressure since forever and am on Coreg 2 x a day and Vasotec.

I was on Herceptin for 10 years. Been off since 2008.

I take dozens of supplements per my integrative oncologist in Manhattan since 1998 when I recurred.

Among them are 150 mg of Co Q 10 -- 2 x a day w/food.

Also, it was suggested by this onc that I take ARGENINE to get my EF up and keep it up.

I remain on 2 first thing in the morning -- 500 mg of sustained and immediate release. As I say, been on that since 1998. My EF is around 65.

I did a MUGA at the outset but did every 6 month ECHOs for many many yrs. Had a peri cardial effusion surrounding my heart from the Taxotere given to me in late '98 and early '99. So they keep checking. The effusion doesn't seem to interfere with my heart function and remains small. I even graduated to annual ECHOs a # of yrs ago and now -- neither my onc nor my cardiologist feels there's any reason for me to continue.

I hope this helps.

I lived in fear of my EF going below 50 and not being able to get my Herceptin (Vitamin H as I call it).

BE WELL Sister.

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote