View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 09:58 AM   #3
Mary Jo

Re: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

Hi Paula....What a great thread. I was also encouraged and strengthened through God's most beautiful word through my cancer journey and now beyond. Although I loved Him before cancer and felt we had a good relationship.....cancer gave me a whole new meaning into what life is really about. Here are a couple verses that spoke to me and continue too as I go through this "journey" called, life.

"For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him." Romans 8:28

"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one came to be." Psalm 139:16

............................the first verse was a daily, constant reminder that although things LOOKED bad....God can work good in any situation. Since my cancer journey, my life has changed in TONS of ways that are way better than my life before cancer. I can, in all honesty, say, that I wouldn't trade a day of what I've been through.

..................the second verse reminded me and continues to remind me that where I am is of no surprise to my creator. He knows me intimately (geez, even knows the number of hairs on my head "Matthew" or lack thereof :-) Whatever befalls me God knew and knows about and He will be with me throughout it all.

Thanks Paula.......Blessings and Peace.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06