View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:41 AM   #1
Paula O

Thumbs up For those interested: Scripture Through the Her2 Fight

Breast cancer is rough stuff. It is sneaky and it doesn't fight fair. Even after treatment it can seem to linger in the shadows waiting for a reappearance, causing fear and uncertainty. Sometimes I have felt like the cancer is like an elusive "fertile cobra" loose in my house that I've been trying to cut up, poison, zap, infuse with Herceptin, and deprive of hormones. I'm not sure if it's gone for good or just wounded for a time, coiled up, hiding from the doctors and I awhile, waiting to slither out with a bunch of genetically mutated babies someday, and ready to strike again. How I'd like to permently evict the unwelcome intruder from this house of mine! Fear of the uncertain unknown can also poison one's mind and be a joy robber. God has much, much better for me than that.

We all have different ways of coping with difficulties. The Bible has been like a Love Letter from God to me and has been such a source of encouragement, hope, guidance, and comfort in my journeys through the ups and downs of life. This isn't about "religion" for me, it's about a relationship with God through the hardest time in my life which the last almost two years has been for me. I had my shockaroo mammogram December 30th, 2010.

This thread is for Bible verses that are uplifting through the storms and sunshine of the Her 2 Positive breast cancer fight. Sometimes I like to look up verses in different translations and versions (www.BibleGateway.com) to wrap my mind around them better which is what I did with Isaiah 41:10:

Isaiah 41:10

New Living Translation (NLT)

10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

New International Version (NIV)

10 So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

(The Message)
Don’t panic. I’m with you.
There’s no need to fear for I’m your God.
I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you.
I’ll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you.

My take-away application a la Paula:
My soul can be at complete rest. I don't have to be scared, worried, or discouraged about all this cancer mess because my God is in control and He is with me. Because of this reality, I do not need to fear because He's my God and He's got my back (along with every other single angle of my entire being). Right now as well as through every future step in this journey through Cancer Land He is going to give me ALL the strength and help I need. He is cradling me in the Palm of His Hand, holding me close, snuggling me in His sweet love that never fails, lifting me up in His victory. Yes, I can rest in him.