View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #19
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
A person from Detroit finally got a hold of me today. She told me some of the initial "criteria" and I am going to look at my notes to see what I see. I also have a scan coming up and they have requested one more.

It is a start, but I'm also looking for "back up" possibilities. I don't know how to explain it except I "feel" like the treatment I am getting is not working on the mets....so I think that I better have somewhere to go as an alternative.

Of course, perhaps this is the fact that I am coughing up a substance, I have been real prone to catching every bug that goes by and I just don't feel good. However, I never had mets like this before.

I am also quite depressed which is unusual for me. But perhaps it is just a reality check. It just has never been this hard for me. i just always felt like I needed to keep fighting. Somehow, I feel I'm being selfish this time, and I'm not sure "where" I should go.

Thanks for listening. I've even been afraid to post on here because I'm usually so positive and I really am full of fear.

10/03 Radical Mastectomy 3 cm tumor - 1/17 Nodes Stage II B, Her 2 +++ ER-/PR- 11/03 4 AC 4 Taxol 12/05 Stage IV - Lung met , Bone mets - Carbo, Taxotere, Herceptin 9/06 - 2 cm brain tumor 10/06 - Tumor removal surgery - Herceptin Halted 12/06 gamma knife tumor base.1/07 Navelbine/Herceptin 4/07 Rads to R femur 5/07 Stereotactic - new 2 cm brain tumor 4/07 Start Xeloda 5/07 Tykerb added 7/07 Brain MRI clean 10/07 .055 cm brain met found. 12/07 Stereotactic -1 cm brain tumor Start Tykerb 11/07 Abraxane/Herceptin 5/08 Cisplatin, Gemcitabine/Herceptin 6/08 Stereotactic to 1cm 9/08 Stereotactic repeat (growth). 11/08 Pet Scan Good but new tiny met on L lung/dead Brain surgery (no cancer cells found/scar tissue) 1/09 Chemo restarted 2/09 Pet Scan Bad - R larger very active/active L active lymph nodes both sides of chest MRI- mets slight increase 2/09 Start Doxil/Tykerb Treatment
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote