Thread: Chelee????
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #18
Rich66

Re: Chelee????

I have to mention that x-rays can sometimes miss clear mucous build-up. My father was thought to be having a heart attack since he was having trouble oxygenating and his recent x-ray was clear. After they found nothing wrong with his heart via angiography and were stumped, they did a broncoscopy and discovered copious amounts of clear mucous.
I know Chelee had post-taxotere pulmonary issues. I think I shared this with her a while back:

LINK

Docetaxel-induced interstitial pneumonitis following non-small-cell lung cancer treatment

JournalClinical and Translational Oncology PublisherSpringer Milan ISSN1699-048X (Print) 1699-3055 (Online) IssueVolume 9, Number 9 / September, 2007 CategoryReview DOI10.1007/s12094-007-0106-4 Pages578-581 Subject CollectionMedicine SpringerLink DateMonday, September 08, 2008 Add to marked items
Add to shopping cart
Add to saved items
Permissions & Reprints
Recommend this article

PDF (60.0 KB)Free Preview

Review

Docetaxel-induced interstitial pneumonitis following non-small-cell lung cancer treatment
C. Grande1 , M. J. Villanueva1, G. Huidobro1 and J. Casal1
(1) Servicio de OncologĂ*a MĂ©dica, Hospital Meixoeiro. Complejo Hospitalario y Universitario de Vigo, ES-36200 Vigo, Spain Received: 8 March 2007 Accepted: 18 June 2007 Published online: 21 October 2007
Abstract Interstitial pneumonitis has been described infrequently following administration of docetaxel, used alone or in combination with other chemotherapeutic agents or concurrent irradiation, for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). This toxicity is of special relevance in NSCLC, as clinical severity and differential diagnosis may be especially challenging. It seems to be due to type I and type IV hypersensitivity reactions to the drug. Clinical and radiographic features are nonspecific and diagnosis is made by exclusion. The rate of grade III–IV docetaxel-induced pneumonitis, ranging from 7 to 47%, depends on several factors, including total dose, chemotherapy schedule and especially concomitant docetaxel treatment with gemcitabine and radiotherapy. Although the usual outcome is cure, it sometimes eventually progresses to pulmonary fibrosis despite steroid treatment. This toxicity must be taken into account when planning treatment strategies for NSCLC in order to reduce its rate and to achieve prompt diagnosis and treatment.
Key words Docetaxel - Interstitial pneumonitis - Non-small-cell lung cancer

Fulltext Preview (Small, Large)

Mom's treatment history (link)
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote