View Single Post
Old 02-24-2010, 08:30 AM   #32
Karen Wheel

Re: I heard from Vicki h & have an update.

Geezzzz... I just saw this thread - and what a bummer. Thank you for sharing with us - and as usual she is worried about us and not her. WOW. We will all be thinking of her and praying for her.

And for Pam - gosh girl - you have been such an inspiration for me - I do think of you so often and am praying that your new treatment does start to kick into gear for you.

This disease is flipping the pits - I hate HER2! Well, cancer in general, but this bugger still makes my head spin. I have watched the Living Proof film about 4 times since I found it (in Italian even! - which I am making a copy of and giving to my Italian Dream Team of Oncologists) but I really enjoyed it and had new respect for those who have passed before us helping with the making of Herceptin. Even though Herceptin is our biggest bullet - it makes me realize how many of us with breast cancer are fighting this beast.

And, Pam - I too keep reading.... I am somehow connected to all of you - we are sisters and brothers in this fight - we all need each other, even if we feel we aren't winning.
Stay strong - Karen
3-09 – Right Quadrantectomy. Clear margins.
3 lymph nodes taken - all clear
Tumor results: Stage 1, 1.5 cm, Her2 +++
Est positive 80% - Prog 10% - Ki67 postive 30%
4-09 – Became a vegan! pH balance of body - cancer can't grow in neutral pH!
4-09 Started Herceptin & Chemo (9 weeks of Navelbine *)
* FYI - when coupled with Herceptin has the same results as more toxic chemo. No brainer!
8-09 - 30 RADS
9-09 - Said NO to hormone therapy
4-10 Finished Herceptin!!!!

7-10 PET Scan & other exams .... All clear! YIPPEE!!!!
11-10 Breast, organ Ultrasounds and lung x-rays all clear no changes ... NED!

2-25-2011 --- 2 years from surgery and NED!!!!!!
7-2011 Clear bone scan and full body and head MRI! NED! NED! NED! ;-)[/SIZE]
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote