View Single Post
Old 09-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #11
sheismyhero

Bill, Here is some history on us. Both my wife and I have lived all of our lives in Southern Illinois. Together we have two children which are both grown and have moved away from this area.

In late 2005 my wife was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma in her jaw bone. She underwent extensive surgery (14 hours) to remove the left side of her jawbone. Then reconstructive surgery to replace the jawbone. After the operation she spent 7 days in intensive care. Then came the recuperation from the intense surgery. Although she did not experience the chemo treatments, the radiation treatments she had to take were about as much as one person could stand. As a result of the radiation treatments, she developed blisters in her mouth. She endured a great deal of pain and suffering as a result of the caner.

On June 20th my wife and I took our son to the airport in St. Louis. He was in the military and had to return to Germany. Needless to say it was a very depressing day for both of us. While doing yard work the next day, we stopped for a rest. At that time was when she told me of the lump in her breast. My inital response to her was "you are a very strong will person, you can beat this". I vaguely remember riding across the yard on the mower and could no see where I was going because of the tears in my eyes. We were both devistated to say the least. Her diagnosis was er- pr- her2+ stage 2.

This is why SHE IS MY HERO...Thanks
sheismyhero is offline   Reply With Quote