View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #57
Sandra in GA

Re: 5 year's out from stage 3 Her2 pos 35 pos nodes

Hi Joan,
I have been off my computer the past few days working in camellias. My husband and I show and judge blooms and we have a show coming up this weekend. I just looked at my email tonight.

In October I just completed the vaccine trial 'lizbeth told you about. I am so happy I was able to do it. I traveled from south Georgia and it was worth every mile. I had 21 positive nodes and had a double mastectomy at the beginning. That is a great incentive to try and get a little extra treatment. What I liked about this trial is they are looking at two vaccines. The main criterior is that you are three months past Herceptin.

I went to Wake Forest Medical Center in Winston-Salem and absolutly love the study nurse, Robin Petro. The number posted on the study site is her direct number. She is a delight to talk to and will help you in any way she can to get into the strudy. I would advise you to call her tomorrow.

Good luck and please feel free to pm me if you like.
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote