View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 07:58 PM   #14
Sherryg683

I"m sorry you are going through this, I can relate. I love my husband dearly and I know he loves me but sometimes men are just so self centered . My birthday was in July, it went by unnoticed, except for my little girl coming in and singing happy birthday to me, she did this in front of my husband but he still did not say a word. We had a big blow out fight on my birthday and I was feeling crappy. Two more weeks went by and he still hadn't given me a card or anything. I finally sat him down calmly and told him how disappointed I was in him and how hurt I was that at this time of my life, he would be so cruel. Of course a few days later the card came, with all sorts of mushy apologies. I know it's hard living with someone who's life has totally changed, and not for the better. It's hard on them, but they have to realize what we are going through. I sometimes think that they resent us for being sick. And as far as your son, my 17 year old son took off on a 600 mile trip to Houston a few weeks after I was diagnosed. I had asked him to please come to church with me but instead, he and a couple of friends took his car and off they went. They turned their cell phones off and didn't get back till 2:00 in the morning. I was frantic with fear and anger. His cousin ratted on him and finally called me and told me where they were. There have been quite a few drunk nights and sneaking out with him. He has calmed down quite a bit now, but was pretty wild there for awhile. Teenagers are pretty much totally self centered. My little 8 year old girl has been the only thing here that has been totally loving and sweet to me. When I had radiation, she would rub cream all over my burns, sometimes I think it's she that keeps me going. I don't have any great words of advise or I'd use them myself. Maybe you should do what I did. I went out and bought myself such an expensive birthday gift that I doubt he'll ever forget to buy me a present again. We've been through hell, we deserve a little peace in our lives. Just letting you know that I"m sorry you are having to go through this..sherryg683
Sherryg683 is offline   Reply With Quote