Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
Sandy H

I worked in a hospital sitting for 24 years as a secretary and office manager, took early retirement after my diagnose of IBC. I tell people I changed careers and became a full time IBC patient in 2001. Between appointments, exercise, eating healthy, getting plenty of sleep who has any energy left to work? I joined several breast cancer support groups, do phone support to other breast cancer patients. I help out a very dear friend (89 years old) take her shopping, out to eat, visiting, anything she needs done as she does not have a daughter so I am her granddaughter. I am active in a local church doing a monthly newsletter so I am called the newsy lady of the church as well as serve on the Deacon board. I am also known as the professional road runner because I am on the road so much. Some of this is for appointments. I have been married 32 years to a wonderful husband who is disabled from DJD. I have a single son age 27 years old and a 4 month old pug named Yoda. I enjoy traveling, sewing, cooking, knitting and crocheting. I am taking oil painting classes. I enjoy listening to Christian music. This sounds like I do a lot but it is worked around my energy level and how I feel. Some days I may not do anything. That is my story for now. hugs, Sandy
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote