Thread: Just for fun...
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2006, 09:20 PM   #4
Lolly

Well, in my former life (BC as I call it) I was a real estate broker along with my husband, and we owned our own small company. Then we decided to move back to the area where he grew up (just over the hill from the small community where my family lived when I was in grade school) so we bought into the country store in this very small (pop. 300 +/-) but very close knit rural town.We had gas, groceries, deli, and an ice cream parlor. It was fun but very physically taxing, and so when I was diagnosed we sold our interest and took the year off to get through treatment. The community held a huge fundraiser for us and raised over $18,000! We were so grateful for their support, words can't express.
My husband is selling real estate again, and after my first recurrence in 2001 I decided it was time for me to stop and smell the roses! So that's what I do now, garden and take care of my family, including our elderly parents. I love my life and love having time to spend with my family; like Lyn says this business is like a full time job anyway, so who has time to work?! I'd like to be able to volunteer more, but it's been hard to squeeze that in.

Also, my husband and I have been married 31 years and have two children, daughter 31 and son 26 who live in our town. My 2 sisters also live close by, as does my father and my husband's mother, plus cousins, aunts, uncles, and many great friends.

<3 Lolly

Diagnosed Sept. ’99 at age 45, Stage III B Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, ER/PR neg HER2+++ by IHC, confirmed in 2004 by FISH. LMR Mast., AC/T, 33 Rads, finishing tx for primary disease in summer 2000. Diagnosed Stage IV in January 2001, started Herceptin/Navelbine. RS Mast. in April 2002, participated in UW/Seattle vaccine trial in 2005, radiation (37) to right axilla in fall of 2006. Have had 3 recurrences to local and regional lymph nodes and skin, and distant lymph nodes, since January 2001. I have been living well with Stage IV disease since 2001. Herceptin has been the "Backbone" of my treatment strategy, with first Navelbine, then Xeloda and now Gemzar added to acheive remission or stable disease.

Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote