View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #2
Mary L

Re: I'm Taking Care of My Mom

Merry, you are a wonderful daughter and you are doing a great job and making your Mom's final days happy for her. She sounds like a very strong woman and you are also. Have you talked to her oncologist about Hospice? He would know when it is time. It might be helpful if they could come and give you a break every day. I took care of my sister at the end of her life and Hospice came everyday at the end and they would tell me to do something for myself for an hour. It is a very difficult thing to do but when you look back on the quality time you spent with your Mom, you be so glad that you were there for her. I will pray for your Mom and also you. Best Wishes!!! Mary L
Mary L from PA Diag: Oct 2003 w/6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, IBC stage IIIB. tx A/C followed by Taxotere(only able to have 2 tx, allergic), mastectomy, 3 0ut of 7 positive nodes. 35 rads. Recurrence 9 months later, skin mets to mastectomy site. Tx Carboplatin/Herceptin. Stayed on Herceptin almost 5 years, had 3 more recurrences when I had to stop Herceptin due to my ejection fraction getting too low. Herceptin stopped and ned 3 years in Oct. 2010.
Mary L is offline   Reply With Quote