View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 05:29 PM   #4
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: bowel obstruction

DEBSING -- first I am so sorry you are going through this ordeal. And I get that's it's really scary and I know that look from those who are coming to you that says, You're a dead woman. I'm all too familiar with that.

I just KNEW they were wrong. Super compassionate pp who just don't get what it's like to be on this side of those eyes.

You say you have a blockage. Have you been told that specifically? Meaning your bowels/intestines are blocked and you can't poop? Are they giving you enemas and meds to unblock you?

I'm confused, cause then you say no one will drain your ascites. That's a whole other issue. Is your belly bloated? Is a gastro doc conferring with you? Is it liver related? Does it involve pancreatitis?

Are you getting answers? It doesn't sound like it. Do you need a 2nd independent oncological opinion? That's what I'm thinking.

I pray for your physical and emotional relief.

Are they doing tests? Taking xrays? Getting to the root cause of your symptoms?

Sending you hugs and the strength to take charge of this situation as best you can.

Do you have someone close to you advocating for you? If not, YOU must participate in this process and find out what is precisely going on with your body.

Please let us all know how you're doing, cause your Sisters truly care about you!

LOVE,
ANDI

I'm going to post this in your other thread too, cause I really want you to hear what I have to say...
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote