View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:43 PM   #12
evergreen

Re: New thinking on Vitamins and Late Stage Cancer

My clinic does not provide green tea as a refreshment, because it has been shown to interfere with some chemos. I started taking it again afterward, and did drink it during herceptin (Sencha variety, shown to have the highest level of its active ingredient).
Most of what I read suggests we should be wary of supplements, as there is not yet hard evidence of their efficacy and because the manufactured product of a substance may not behave in the same way as the natural substance itself. I do take turmeric, omega 3, calcium, D.
At the end of the day, we all need to feel we are doing SOMETHING to help ourselves.
Eating foods thought to fight cancer, exercising every other day,using my garden as my mecca of peace, and loving my supportive husband more than ever.
evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote