View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 05:42 PM   #5
Liz J.

Smile Nexium, etc.

Hi Chelee,

I have been on Nexium forever. I have gurd . Don't know if I should be taking it every day but my PCP doesn't have a problem with it and Onc. knows about it. I was planning to stop it just before chemo as I figured I had enough stuff going in but my Onc. said it would be a bad time to stop. Anyhow, I was prescribed something called Emend. Had to take one pill about an hour before chemo and then one pill for the next two days. I got chemo every 3 weeks. I don't know if I was just lucky or that stuff really worked. Although I didn't have a good appetite (dropped 34 pounds in the 18 weeks), I fortunately did not have much of a problem eating when I felt like it. I got really turned off to the smell of some things like garlic, which I love and when any close by neighbor was barbecuing (sp?) which used to be one of my passions I would lose my stomach. I guess it was marinade or something they were using. My thoughts and prayers are with you and please ask your Onc. about Emend. Hugs, Liz J.
Liz J. is offline   Reply With Quote