View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 04:24 PM   #602
mbhamel

Smile Re: Please post your two cents on Herceptin "side effects" real or perceived!

I am 51 years old. I am getting many of the same symptoms in the previous posts here. Heavy legs, low back pain and tingling, very congested nose, slowed thinking and forgetfulness, night sweats not really sweating just terrible hot flashes waking me up in the middle of the night and can't sleep those only started since getting the Herceptin every 3 weeks. My nueropathy from the Taxol/Herceptin is still there in my hands and feet. My EF went from 62% when finishing AC down to 55% at my last echo. My oncologist called last week and said my Alkaline Phosphatase is also elevated and she wants to run some different blood tests when I come back to see her in three weeks. I just hope it's not mets to the liver or bones. I saw a couple of other posts saying that has happened to them and turned out to be not mets. I had my transplant surgery a week before that blood test so don't know if there was any meds in me from that still. I am thinking of asking my onc. to change it the Herceptin to every week to see if that makes a difference. But, I can live with it hoping the Herceptin is keeping the Cancer from spreading. I haven't had any scans or anything since last April so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying very hard.

Some other medications I am on is1mg of Ativan to help with the sleep issues. I have a script for 5mg of Hydrocodone but I took them very sparingly, Advair inhaler for Athsma, Fluctisone Nose Spray, and iron supplements.
Size: Three tumors 2.1cm, 1.7cm and 0.7cm
Lymph Nodes: 4 lymph nodes all negative
Pathological Staging: T2, N0, M0
ER: Negative
PR:Negative
HER-2/neu: Positive 3+
Ki67: Unfavorable (more than 20%)

Left Mastectomy and Right Prophylactic Mastectomy with tissue expanders 5/17/2011

AC Chemo Therapy 8 treatments Bi weekly started 7/7/2011 finished 8/18/2011

Taxol/Herceptin Chemo Therapy 12 treatments weekly started 9/8/2011 finished 11/23/2011

Herceptin every 3 weeks started 12/22/2011 Completed 8/09/2012

Tissue Expander Transplant with Silcone Gel Implants 02/24/2012

Nipple Reconstruction 12/3/2012
mbhamel is offline   Reply With Quote