View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
AlaskaAngel

Re: e-string works great

I have a LOT of sympathy for both of you, Suzan and Janis... The myths about this problem among health care providers end up leaving the average age patient struggling and then frustrated and very disappointed. Sure, we can "accommodate" our partners out of love and use alternative methods of expressing physical contact, BUT.... only with steady sacrifice of our own pleasure.

The outcomes are a bit more complicated for HER2 positives as compared to the larger group of all bc patients. The larger group of bc patients is made up overwhelmingly of those who are age 50 and predominantly MUCH older, whereas the group of HER2 positives includes a few more younger patients.

A.A.

P.S. A couple of years ago I attended an introductory session for newbies at the major cancer center where I had been treated. I limited my input in order not to frighten newbies there, but talked with the oncology nurse presenting the session. She insisted that my situation was "rare". Denial on the part of health care providers is truly unpleasant and unwelcome.
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED

Last edited by AlaskaAngel; 04-22-2014 at 01:43 PM..
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote